Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Still Here

Apologies for the delay in posting but I got swamped with motions and reports that things simply got overwhelming. Such is the life of a slave ID attorney. The sad part is, when I'm not physically at work, I find myself sitting at home *thinking* about work.

All. The. Damn.Time.

This is just no way to live.

I am not going to beat around the bush. I've decided *drum roll* please.

I'm quitting my job.

I've been thinking of it seriously for quite some time now. I'm scouring the classifieds every day, sending cold resumes and well - we will see what happens. I don't think I will leave law altogether, but something has to be better than this.

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 14, 2007 8:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen batmanlawyer -- you are soooo lucky to finally be getting out of this horrendous career. Noone tells you your first year of law school that the rest of your life will be a thankless, horrible grind that will suck the energy and life right out of you and leave you divorced and penniless......but you are right when you say there is nowhere to go when all the training you have is to be a lawyer.....who wants to hire guys who used to be lawyers? What are we good for? I wish I could be like the guy who said his firm sends him on joe-jobs all day to pick up stuff around town and make deliveries -- now THAT would be an awesome law gig!!! I can't believe he/she was comlaining about that....at least you get out of the office every day!!!!

 
At Friday, September 28, 2012 1:28:00 AM, Anonymous Property lawyers said...

You got out at the right time, the ship is sinking !

 
At Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi you seem really negative.

lighten up fairycake.

have a good day.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home